FINN Fellowship Mentor Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in mentoring a FINNOVATION Fellow!
Please fill out this application and we will be in touch shortly.
If you can’t commit to being a mentor but would like to be a resource to the fellows and provide technical assistance as needed, we’d love to have you! Please fill out the form and indicate that you want to be a technical advisor.
Mentor Description & Commitment
If selected as a mentor, you will:
- Be matched with one fellow for the duration of the program term (nine months)
- Meet with the fellow every 4-6 weeks over the course of the program and be available (responsive to communication from fellows, open to talk) as needed between these meetings, per expectations set between you and the fellow
- Provide general support/coaching to the fellow (help them think through things, listen and provide advice and encouragement, act as a sounding board for ideas, etc.)
- Help them set and hold them accountable for personal and business goals/milestones and fellowship deliverables, including but not limited to a fellowship plan, business plan, and various pitches/presentations
- Connect the fellow to people in your network
- Provide bi-monthly feedback to Fellowship Program Manager
- Attend mentor training and check-in sessions
Being a mentor is about a 30-hour total commitment over the program term (September 16, 2019 – June 12, 2020).
Your experience and expertise is invaluable – thank you for your willingness to share your time with aspiring social entrepreneurs!
9/26, 4-5:30pm: Mentor/Fellow Networking Event
10/14, 1-4pm: Fellow Startup Week Presentations & Program Kickoff Event (optional)
Last week of October: Mentor Training Session
1/14, AM: Mentor check-in session and Fellow presentations
Week of March 30th: Mentor check-in session
6/11, 5:30-8pm: Fellowship FINNale Event